Welcome readers to BioPharmCatalyst.
Launched in June 2010, the site aims to provide investors with the building blocks in forming your trading ideas in biotech companies. While aimed at all investors, there is a particular emphasis placed on providing EASILY accessible information to the small investor on FDA Approval, PDUFA and clinical trial catalysts. The third and current version was launched in December 2011, following an earlier upgrade in January.
The founder of BioPharmCatalyst, is a graduate of the University of Sydney (M.Com) where he majored in International Business following an undergraduate degree in Economics. He is currently employed in the education industry in New Zealand.
The key tools of BioPharmCatalyst are;
1) FDA Calendar – FDA Approval and clinical trial catalysts with links to press releases and a live share price. Updated DAILY.
2) FDA Historical Calendar – Located below the FDA Calendar, this database gives FDA Approval decisions for small and mid cap companies from mid-2009.
3) FDA Calendar GLOSSARY – Commonly used terms in the FDA Calendar. Located below the FDA Calendar.
4) PDUFA Calendar – Includes PDUFA and Advisory Committee dates using data from the FDA Calendar.
5) Financial Database – Key financial information listed for each company (shares outstanding, market cap, recent dilution, shelf filings).
6) Company Pipeline Database – NASDAQ and AMEX listed biotech and drug companies undergoing Phase 2 and/or Phase 3 Clinical Trials, their drug name, indication (eg. Lung Cancer), stage of development (eg Phase 3, NDA) and live price per share. OTC stocks are not covered on this website. 1000 indications.
7) Follow me on twitter @crusadernz or sign up for updates via feedburner.
8) LIKE BioPharmCatalyst on facebook – https://www.facebook.com/biopharmcatalyst
Maintaining the site requires much energy and time but I am still committed to keeping the site free without the need to charge a subscription. However, donations are much appreciated in order to do so.
If you have found BioPharmCatalyst of use in your investment decisions, please consider supporting the website and keeping it FREE by making a donation to my PayPal account which can be found at the top of the website (paypal button)