CHTP raises cash. EXEL positive Phase 2 data. ALNY NAVX news

Feb 18, 2011 No Comments by

EXEL cabozantinib impressive – CHTP raises cash – ALNY NVAX: Chelsea Therapeutics International, Ltd. (Nasdaq:CHTP) priced its offering today of 8.75m shares at $4, resulting in net proceeds of $32.8m.

Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALNY) gave a pipeline update yesterday after hours noting that they continue to enrol patients in their Phase 2b study of ALN-RSV01 and expect to present data from this study in 2012. The Phase 2b study is a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in Respiratory Syncytial Virus infected lung transplant patients.

Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL) yesterday reported updated impressive interim data from the cohort of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) treated with cabozantinib (XL184) in an ongoing Phase 2 adaptive randomized discontinuation trial. Of 62 patients evaluable by bone scan, 53 (85%) achieved either complete or partial decrease of metastatic lesions on bone scan. Eight other patients (13%) had stable disease (SD) on bone scan, resulting in an overall rate of disease control in bone of 98% (61/62). Only one patient (2%) had progressive disease as their best assessment. EXEL also noted that tumours shrank in 67% of patients with soft-tissue metastatic lesions. Progression Free Survival rates are currently not available as 79% of patients receiving cabozantinib had not showed signs of their disease progressing.

Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) today presented the final safety and immunogenicity results from their Phase 2 2009 H1N1 virus-like particle (VLP) pandemic influenza vaccine clinical trial. At Day 14, the rates of seroconversion for the 5mcg, 15mcg, and 45mcg dosage groups were 48.3%, 65.0%, and 74.9%, respectively, as compared to 5.9% for the placebo group. Similarly, at day 14, the proportion of subjects who achieved an HAI titer greater than or equal to 1:40 (seroprotection) for the 5mcg, 15mcg, and 45mcg dosage groups increased to 81.6%, 90.5%, and 91.6%, respectively. The second vaccine administration at day 21 did not significantly change the seroconversion and seroprotection rates. Approximately 40% of all subjects had a baseline HAI titer greater than or equal to 1:40 to H1N1 at day 0, either due to exposure to the ongoing pandemic virus, or past exposure. Therefore, a sub-analysis was performed in subjects who were H1N1 seronegative at baseline. In this population, the seroconversion rates for the 5mcg, 15mcg and 45mcg groups were, 64%, 79% and 85%, respectively, after the first dose.

Daily News

About the author

Currently residing in New Zealand and employed in the education industry, Mr. A. Burden holds a M.Com in International Business from the University of Sydney and used these skills together with his passion for investing to establish BioPharmCatalyst in June 2010 as a tool for investing decisions in the US pharmaceutical market. He spends much of his free time mountain biking, playing squash and hiking.
No Responses to “CHTP raises cash. EXEL positive Phase 2 data. ALNY NAVX news”

Leave a Reply